This Privacy Statement ("Statement") applies to the mobile application of Café Coffee Day (India market) (CCD app, or app). In this Statement, the terms "Café Coffee Day", “CCD”, "us", and "we" refer to Coffee Day Enterprises Limited and its respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
You understand and agree that we use third party service providers to store and process your personal information and other information which you provide to us and such third parties may store and process your personal information in a Country or State which may not have Jurisdiction over You and/or such Country or State may not have any data protection or data privacy laws or such Country’s or State’s data protection or data privacy laws may not be as strong as the Country or State having Jurisdiction over you or us. You agree and understand that we provide no guarantee, warranty or assurance that such third party service providers will protect your information and we shall not be liable for any actions, commission, omission, misconduct, fraud or negligence (whether in contract or tort or under Public Policy) of these third parties unless such actions, commission, omission or negligence of the third party is attributed to a direct cause of misconduct and gross negligence of Cafe Coffee Day.
Your use of this App is entirely at your risk for which we shall not be liable. This App contains material which is owned by us or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout look, appearance, graphics, and its reproduction or imitation in any way is prohibited, unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Information We Collect
We collect certain information about you and the services you use. The information we collect falls into three different categories: (1) information you give us; (2) information we collect from you automatically when you use our services; and (3) information we collect from other sources.
Information You Give Us
We collect information you give us when you use our services. Some examples of using our "services" are when you visit one of our stores, signup to the CCD App, or participate in a survey or promotion. The information you give us may include your first or last name, email address, phone number, financial account information such as a credit card number, birthday, demographics information, and any other information you choose to give us.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we may collect information about the services you use and how you use them. This information includes:
• Purchasing Information – We may collect information about the products you buy, including where you buy products, how frequently you buy products, and the rewards earned due to a purchase.
• Device Information – When you install our mobile application or make purchases we may collect information about the device and how you use it.
This information may include the type of device, your operating system, your browser, your internet service provider, your domain name, your internet protocol (IP) address, your device identifier (or UDID), the date and time that you accessed our service, the website that referred you to our app download link, the web pages you requested, the date and time of those requests, and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over.
• Location Information – When you use our mobile application, we may collect information about your physical location.
We may use this to give you information about stores near you and to provide you with other services on your mobile device. We share your location information only with companies/third Parties that help us provide you with services and help us understand how the services are being used.
• In-Store Camera Information – We use cameras in stores to keep employees and customers safe and to look for ways to improve our customers’ experiences. We do not use these cameras to identify people except when necessary for security reasons.
Information we collect from other Sources
We also collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network like Facebook, Twitter or Google+. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information and give you product recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
Sharing of information that we collect
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
• When We Work Together - We may share the collected information between CCD, its subsidiaries, and affiliated companies for proper management and analysis and decision making, including decisions regarding the expansion and promotion of our product and service offering, order or customer request fulfilment, and for use by those companies for the other purposes described in this Policy.
• When We Work with Service Providers - We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, SMS services, email delivery, location mapping, and delivery, and analytics services. We require the companies to refrain from collecting, using and disclosing your information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
• When We Work on Business Transactions - If we become involved with a merger or another situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
• When Sharing Helps Us Protect Lawful Interests - We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of CCD or our customers or partners.
• When We Share with Other Companies for Marketing Purposes - We may share your information with service providers to use your information to provide you with promotions and special offers. We also may share anonymous, aggregated statistics about your use of our App and services with other companies.
• When You Give Consent - Except as contained anything contrary herein we may also share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
• When the Information Does Not Identify You - We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may combine information about you with information about other people and share the combined information in a way that does not link your information to you.
Our use of technology
When you use our mobile app, we may allow third parties to collect information about you. The information collected by third parties may include the type of device, your operating system, your browser, your internet service provider, your domain name, your internet protocol (IP) address, the date and time that you accessed our service, the website that referred you to our app download link, the web pages you requested, the date and time of those requests, and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over.
We allow third parties to collect this information on our App for the following purposes:
• To Display Ads for Products or Services – We allow some advertising companies to collect information in order to display ads on our App that are most relevant to you. These third parties may also collect anonymous information about our app users to place them into market segments to display ads on other apps believed to be relevant to each market segment. This is known as "online behavioural advertising."
• To Collect Information on How Our App and Services Are Used – We allow certain service providers to use the information collected on our App and services to help us learn about our audience and how people use our app. The companies that use this information for this purpose do not match the information to individual users. In other words, statistical information collected by third parties regarding app usage or performance is not matched or linked to you.
• To Make the Services of Other Companies Work on Our App – We allow companies to use special technologies to make certain parts of our app work.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies
Variety of technologies may be used to collect information about your device and use of our services.
Information Collection Choices
You can make choices about the information we collect about you:
• Location Information – When you use a smart phone or other mobile device to use our app, we may collect information about your physical location only if (a) "location services" for the mobile application is enabled; or (b) the permissions in the mobile device allow communication of this information. If you do not want us to collect your location information, you can opt out of sharing this information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device.
Changing Your Information or Uninstalling the App
If you want to change your information you can go to the My Profile section and change the personal data that you had provided. When you uninstall the App we will stop collecting any new information about you. However your existing information which was logged prior to un-installation shall be retained.
How We Protect Your Information
CCD protects your information using technical, physical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your information. Some of our safeguards include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls, and administrative informational controls. While we have employed security technologies and procedures to assist safeguarding your personal information, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Storing and Processing Your Information
Use by Minors
We do not intend for our app services to be used by anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section, below.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may update this Statement from time to time. We encourage you to look for updates and changes to this Statement.
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. You can contact CCD Customer Service by phone at 1800-102-5093, or by email at email@example.com
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We respect your privacy, and no part of the information you have provided would be sold, disclosed, or made accessible to third parties or the public. However, Café Coffee Day may disclose personal or other information, if required to do so by law in accordance with judicial and/or other governmental action.
Café Coffee Day expressly specifies that café Coffee Day shall not be responsible for any information provided by the Customer, Café Coffee Day shall endeavour to keep upto date and correct information provided by the Customer and Café Coffee Day shall make no representation or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance the Customer place on such information shall be strictly at the risk of the Customer.
In no event Café Coffee Day shall be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website/product.